Coconut Dahl Recipe
Coconut Dahl is the ultimate comfort food. It’s perfect for an easy midweek dinner, side or as the hero dish at your next curry night.
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil*
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 Cups Coconut Dahl*
1 Tin (400ml) Organic Coconut Milk*
1 Tin (400ml) diced tinned tomatoes
2 Cups vegetable stock/water
2 Cups cooked rice or quinoa*, to serve
Natural Coyo Coconut Yoghurt*, to serve
Coriander leaves, to serve
*Available at WHOLE+SOME
1. Place large saucepan over medium heat. Add the coconut oil, then onion. Stir + cook until softened.
2. Add the garlic + ginger. Stir + cook until fragrant.
3. Add coconut milk, tomatoes + half the stock/water, stir to combine. Then stir in the coconut dahl.
4. Reduce heat to low + cook for 15 mins, stirring regularly.
5. Add remaining stock/water. Cook for another 10-15 mins or until lentils are soft + mixture has thickened.
6. Remove from heat and serve on top of cooked rice/quinoa with a generous spoonful of Coyo, garnish with coriander.